April 25, 2011

Sneak Peak: Preppy Nursery Design

After seeing my post of inspiration for a Preppy Alligator Nursery, my friend fell in love with the idea of a Preppy Nursery, complete with Argyle Wall for her baby boy.  I designed this room idea for her.

Then she asked me if I could paint the wall.  errr, um, ahhhh, ahem.
Design is one thing.  Execute in a REAL ROOM?!! I design sets.  If I mess up, no one has to live with the consequences.  This child will grow up in this room. That's a lot of pressure.

However, my sputtering did not deter my friend's confidence in me. So, this week I'm in Toronto, and I'm attempting to practice what I preach blog.  Armed with a measuring tape, laser level and paint, I will attempt to turn an ordinary wall into a sock! (that's what my mom says it looks like!) Stay tuned for pics AND video of the results.

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see how it turns out! There was a time in my teens when i was into penny loafers and rugby sweaters that I would've loved an argyle wall in my room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl19:39

    It looks amazing!!!!! Though I prefer to think of it as more of a sweater than a sock on the wall. The vote of confidence was entirely justified. Thanks again Sara.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wall done. now how do we incorporate the penny loafers into the decor?

    ReplyDelete