September 20, 2009

Music Room turned Nursery

I have finished my new series which was inspired by my "rock and roll" friends.  You know, those "cool" parents who play in bands or make their living as a musicians.   Aiden's series was inspired by the fact that his  bedroom used to be the music room (see picture below).   Now daddy has to practice in a studio instead of in the house.   I loved the idea of carrying  the music theme over to the nursery. 

I came up with this vibrant series of guitars based on what daddy  already had in his collection (and one he hopes to get).  Each guitar is printed on stained wood.  This really allows the natural grain of the wood to be highlighted.  RC gave me the brilliant idea to do the guitars in black and white which  makes them pop with visual stimulation perfect for baby.  The designs are simple but each one captures a popular type of guitar, perfect for getting an early start on teaching not only the styles but the parts of the instruments to your budding musician.

Aiden's series is below, soon to come is a more feminine colored version for Nina.  Just waiting for her parents to come off tour and settle down in a Nursery that I can match the colors to.   Musicians ... sheesh!!!  


0 comments:

Post a Comment