May 25, 2012

Finding the "Hidden Mickeys" at Disneyland

Another job for Disney had me back at Disneyland this week.  With call times at the hour of 4am every day they were kind enough to put us up in a hotel for the duration of the job so we didn't have to get up even earlier to maker the 45 minute drive in from L.A.

I love staying at Disney Hotels! Not just because everyone who works there seems to always be sipping happy juice, but because I love to explore all the details that go into the theme of the resort.

This time we stayed at the Grand Californian Hotel.  The theme being very classic American Craftsman architecture.  At first glance this hotel is not very "Disney Themed".  The Grand Californian has a very sophisticated style that involves a lot of beautifully carved wood and a warm color palette.  But I know better --- because I know about the Hidden Mickeys.

What are the Hidden Mickeys you ask?

Well, they are exactly that.  Mickeys that are hidden all over Disney properties that you wouldn't notice at first glance, or even maybe second glance.  Most people may not notice them at all, but once you know to look, you will find them everywhere.

When I got to my room at the Grand Californian I knew there had to be a hidden Mickey somewhere but I searched everywhere - the wallpaper, the curtains, the molding, the tiling in the bathroom and I couldn't see one anywhere.  By night two I had all but given up when I bent down to tie my shoe laces and there it was.  Staring at me.

Do you see it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment