August 24, 2012

What a Difference a Coat of Paint Makes

I found a horse head at a thrift shop a few months back.  I looked at it, picked it up and then put it down.  It was dirty, it was old, and it was a little bit creepy looking.  "Hip or Horrid?" Might have been the exact text message I sent to Sunshine.  I left the head where I found it - bottom shelf under a rack of old pots and a trivial pursuit game from 1994. Sunshine texted back: Hip? (big question mark) and that's when I decided it may not be quite there yet, but I could make it work.  For $25 I was the proud owner of a really ugly horse head.  But for just $5.00 more I got a can of ivory high gloss spray paint and I made the horse into something kinda cool.  A great addition to Sunshine's Midcentury Modern Cowboy Nursery (yes yes yes, I know I have to get those pictures up soon!)

What do you think? Would you have bought it? Would you have done something different?

1 comment:

  1. Love Love Love It !!!! I Would Of Bought It Too !!!!

    ReplyDelete